Falling in love is a natural phenomenon. But what do you do when cupid strikes you at the workplace and the subject of your affection is none other than your BOSS? Yes -- that formidable looking person that wrecks your life, upsets your schedules and makes you work overtime -- actually starts becoming likeable. Your heart skips a beat when you see him and you actually scout for opportunities to go and have a tete-a tete with the boss.
Well, join the gang. Office romances are increasingly becoming commonplace. And why not? After all, most of your waking hours are spent at the workplace in close proximity with colleagues - male and female. So a fling between a boss and his secretary or a manager with his subordinate is but natural.An office romance is certainly recommended as it has its advantages. Here are some:
- You would want to go to work: You finally have one great reason to get out of bed and rush to office. No more Monday morning blues. (In fact, you might just begin to hate your Sunday), as you discover a new found energy to go to work.
- Enthusiasm will increase: You will find yourselves bubbling with energy, bubbling with new ideas and enthusiasm. This may partly be to impress your new-found love, but what the hell the company is going to benefit.
- Increase in productivity: It's but obvious that since you are going to be inspired to work, your productivity is going to increase. Another positive point for romancing at work
- Improve self-esteem: Love is a wonderful thing. It makes the world go round. It makes you feel nice, good and above all happy. You will love yourself. The fact is that in order to love another you must love yourself. You will begin to think positively, feel confident and even appreciate the little things in life.
- Your office wardrobe will finally get a facelift: Your appearance will soon change from drab to glam! No more the-same-old-shirt-and-trouser routine, if you are out to impress somebody. You'll be willing to revamp your wardrobe and experiment with new things. After all, you have to be dressed to kill!
- Those official boring office parties might be enjoyable: Those office gatherings will no longer be staid and boring as you'll get plenty of time and opportunity to coochie coo with your loved one.
Don't all these reasons inspire you to have an office romance? Remember to have a blast while it lasts. Familiarity does breed contempt, but when you're working long hours and don't have much of a social life outside of your workplace, it might also encourage a let's-go-for-it attitude. And what the hell? Your office life will pep up and give you that much- needed zing to work with greater zeal and enthusiasm.