The perfect facial
The problem - Want a quick fix to boost lackluster skin?
Speedy solution - Try a home facial.
1. Start by thoroughly cleansing your skin. Then massage in an exfoliator.
2. Then steam the face. Using a blackhead remover, press around and get the impurities out.
3. Follow this with a deep cleansing or moisturizing mask.
Dry Skin: To hydrate dry skin.
Mix one tablespoon of honey with one whisked egg yolk.
Oily Skin: Beat one egg white until frothy then add three teaspoons of finely ground oatmeal.
Normal skin: Put some almonds in a blender and grinding them to a fine consistency. and apply the mixture to the face and neck.
Acne: Cut up a fresh coconut and grind it into a chunky paste. Apply to your skin and let set. You can also use tea tree oil to the spot. For best results, remove the mask with a hot muslin cloth.
1. Next, it is time to moisturise. An enriching day cream gives your skin a real moisture boost.
2. For a really fresh, glowing complexion, try to follow this routine every week.
Miss perfect nails
The problem - Brittle nailsSpeedy solution – Apply nail oil regularly. The oil will strengthen the cuticles and nails, encouraging them to grow, plus it will hydrate and nourish brittle or dry nails.
The problem – Tired of the old French manicure
Speedy solution – Try a new trend. For example, mettalics are very big right now. A subtle shade will elongate the nail and add a hint of glamour. If you like the two-colour effect of a French manicure, try ditching the normal white tips and go for gold.
The problem – No time for a salon manicure
Speedy solution- Try a DIY home manicureFirst remove all polish with a treated acetone-free remover. Next, file nails with a soft-grade natural nail file. File nails from the outer edge to the centre into a ‘squoval’ . Buff your nails to bring out natural shine, Do this once a month – any more will strip natural oils and thin the nail bed. Massage in a drop of nail oil and some
hand cream, and your nails will look salon-perfect.
Put your best foot forward
The problem - Cracked heels.
Speedy solution – Treat yourself to a pedicure
• Take off old nail polish.
• Fill a bowl with warm water and add a foot soak containing peppermint. Soak for 5-10 minutes, and then apply a foot scrub.
• You could also use some sea salts which will energise and soften.
• Rinse your feet.
• Rub the hard skin on your heels and soles with foot file. Or use a pumice stone.
• Massage in a dab of cuticle cream or oil around your nail beds and gently push back the skin with a wood stick.
• Clip your nails straight across and gently file the sharp sides. Then apply a moisturising foot lotion.• Wet two towels in hot water. Wrap the towels around your feet and leave them on for 3 to 5 minutes
• Next wipe nails with a cotton pad. Use an alcohol-based remover to kill germs and dry the nail.
• Apply the base coat (transparent nail polish) wait for a minute and apply one coat of you colour, wait for three minutes and apply second coat.
Before going to bed, cover your feet with a thick layer of moisturizing cream, and put on socks.
Groom your brows
The problem - Bad eyebrows.
Speedy solution - Two of the greatest beauty crimes are overplucked or neglected eyebrows. By rethinking your eyebrow regime, eyes can appear bigger, brighter and more awake and youthful.
Arch in style
• Use the natural shape of your brow as a guide to shaping and maintaining them.
• The eyebrow should rise by two thirds and fall by one third. The outside corner must not be lower than the inside corner.
• Length is also important.
• Pluck one hair at a time.The aim is elevation, so try not to pluck from above.Visit a good beautician or brow bar for an initial eyebrow – shaping, which you can then maintain at home between visits.
Choosing the right hair colour for your brows can be tricky. Gurlz advises you choose a shade or two darker than your natural colour.
Party perfect lips and eyes
The problem – Overdone eyes and mouth?
Speedy solution - Pick your eyes or your mouth. The biggest mistake gurlz make when putting on make-up is that they highlight both the eye and the mouth. You need to pick one or the other and downplay what you rejected.
A lick of paint
As to choosing lipsticks, the five basic formulas are sheer, shimmer, cream, matte and long-lasting. If you choose to focus on your lips, you will want to go bright. Red is hot for parties, as are dark pinks. Just stay away from brown.
1. Make-up should only go on a freshly washed and moisturised face.
2. Have bright, even light in front of your mirror.
3. Blend. Blend. Blend. Whether it is foundation, blush, or eye colour: no hard, drawn lines.
Pink complexions should not wear pinkish foundations. No way. Not ever!
Do not wear dark lipliner and a lighter lip colour.
MaybesWhen it comes to colour, take direction from you hair, rather than from your eyes or your clothes. Or not!