The sweeping influence of ornamentation is trickling down to the lingerie department, as well. Some of the latest 'in' trends are as follows:
- Rich burnt-out velvets, coquettish cloqué fabrics and lavish lace all bear testimony to this all-encompassing trend.
- Silk charmeuse with a hint of spandex offers two of the most sought-after qualities: unabashed sexiness with the comfort of stretch.
- Luxe is back, but none of the sculpting qualities of the trusty cotton/lycra blends have been lost. Quite the contrary!
- Stretch has evolved even further, and is brimming with new options to minimize, smooth and tone the silhouette, all with the beauty of iridescent, shimmering materials that give off a magical sheen.
- Pretty romantic satin bows and delicate lace bra straps are present throughout, echoing the feminine feel.
- Pastels are the new palette that inspires with crystal tones, honey colors, China blues and Rococo pinks.
- Prints such as romantic tone-on-tone 'antique' flowers and Toile de Jouy are making a comeback.
- For bras, overwhelming padding is quietly being replaced by a more natural triangular cup and light underwiring while the 'bralette' - a ingenious cross between the bra and cami - is the new shape to watch.
- Boyleg panties in smoothing stretch satin or elasticized tulle are cut higher on the derriere to offer fans of the thong another option.
- While tap pants in rich silks trimmed with lace are continuing to gain momentum.
- For the sports enthusiast, simple shapes abound in microfibers, but there is always a touch of ornamentation brought forth with simple ribbon trimmings.
- Look for architectural cuts and symmetrical styling, and colors that run from gold, platinum, amber to mocha.
What Men Like
You decided to buy some romantic lingerie but you’re embarrassed to be in a lingerie store. A suggestion for men is to act confident; like you’ve done this before. Don’t be afraid to ask the salesperson for help if you need it.
Men most often like to buy the more sexy styles; a lace teddy or sexy bustier with garter belts and thigh high stocking to complete an exciting romantic fantasy. Guys, this may be your fantasy but its not hers. Of course this does depend on each individual woman’s style and taste when choosing intimate apparel.
What women like
Women enjoy looking and feeling sexy too but often choose styles that are less revealing. She may be self-conscious about her body and will want to cover up certain body parts that she feels are less than perfect. A sexy baby doll, a beautiful chemise, a romantic cami and tap pant set… that’s what most women want.